Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New goals for a New Year!

As we start this New Year, I am sure that most of you have looked back on 2014 and maybe set some goals that you are going to put into action in 2015.

Romans 12:12 says “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

This verse pretty much sums up the goals for 2015 that I have set for myself.

 I am going to be joyful in the hope that I have because of Jesus.  I am going to be patient as the trials of life come.  And I will be faithful in my prayer life.

Be joyful, patient, and PRAY.

Don’t feel as if you have to alter yourself in prayer to become something that you think God wants you to be but rather come to Him just as you are.  Be yourself in prayer.

I have struggled over the years asking “How should I pray? What should I pray for?” and I am sure that I am not alone in this because even the apostles asked Jesus how to pray.  And just as Jesus taught the apostles to pray, we are also taught through the Word how to pray.  We are taught to pray simply, humbly, and for the glory of God.

Here are a few things I have learned about prayer...

1. Slow down, and get used to a little silence because sometimes it is not as much about    what you are  saying as it is what he is saying to you.
2. God is trinity. One God, three distinct persons. Pray to Him as God the father, Son and  Holy Spirit.
3. Use your everyday language God wants that relationship with you.  Pray like you are  talking to a friend, pray like yourself.
4. Don’t hype up your voice as a voice-over actor would if they are trying to sell a product.   You  don’t have to sell prayer.  Use your normal voice.
5.  Just because your prayer is short or simple does not make it any less faith-filled.  The  longer the    prayer doesn't mean you have more faith; it is about what you say not how  long you say it.

I wanted to share some of my goals for this New Year in hopes that we will be able to put our goals for 2015 into action together.  Hope it helps!

Comment below some of your goals; maybe share how we can put them into action! I look forward to hearing from you!!

In Christ,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment